Do you want to explain your product in a way that’s engaging, entertaining, and persuasive? The answer is product explainer videos. Animated videos are an effective and captivating tool for presenting your products, services, and ideas. By connecting with your customers through storytelling, visuals, sound, and motion, animated videos help create an emotional connection that sticks and keeps them coming back. Animated videos can keep your customers engaged as they learn how your product works and why it’s right for them. Engaging visuals paired with witty narration easily get the point across in a way that is fun, funny, and informative. With animation, anything is possible: complex notions become easily understandable stories, making even your most sophisticated product easier to understand and more likely to buy. So don’t wait—let product explainer videos take your customer engagement to the next level!
What are product explainer videos?
Product explainer videos are a type of short marketing video used to describe and demonstrate a product or service in an engaging and easy-to-understand way. Explainer videos are usually between 30 seconds and two minutes long and are often placed on high-traffic website landing pages or as a featured video on YouTube and social media. Explainer videos typically use animations and visuals to explain a product or service, a concept, or how to do something, and are an effective way to increase conversion rates, make a product or service clearer, generate social buzz, pitch ideas to investors, and develop credibility with buyers. Explainer videos can be used as part of online marketing strategies and can help audiences retain complex information.
Why do you need product explainer videos?
1. Increase awareness of the product
Product explainer videos can be a great way to increase awareness of a product by highlighting its features and benefits. With the help of visuals, music, and voiceover talent, explainer videos help to make complex products more digestible and easier to understand, thus helping to build trust with potential customers and giving them an idea of what they can expect from the product. Additionally, by showing the product in action, explainer videos can remove buyer uncertainty and make potential customers more likely to commit to purchase. Furthermore, by emphasizing the uniqueness of the product, they can show potential customers why they should choose it over other products. Finally, when used correctly, explainer videos can also help to give customers an insight into the benefits of using the product and why it can solve their problems.
2. Increase understanding of the product
Product explainer videos can be effective tools in helping to increase understanding of a product or service. By showing the product in action and demonstrating its features, the company can help remove buyer uncertainty and familiarize leads with their offering. Additionally, by highlighting the unique aspects of the product, such as its cutting edge technology, it will position the company as a market leader and build trust with potential customers. Finally, by connecting with customers and addressing their biggest concerns, it will encourage them to find out more about the product.
3. Educate the customer about the product
Product explainer videos can be a powerful tool to educate potential customers about a product’s features and benefits. By providing a visual demonstration of how the product works and conveying the ways it solves specific problems, these types of videos can make a lasting impression on viewers. Explainer videos can also be used to show customers how easy it is to use a product by providing step-by-step instructions and highlighting unique features. Furthermore, when a product is revolutionary, explainer videos can help customers become familiar with the innovation and technology behind it. Through these videos, customers can gain a better understanding of what they can expect from the product and how it can benefit them, ultimately helping them to make an informed decision about whether or not to purchase it.
4. Convince the customer to buy the product
Product explainer videos can help to convince customers to make a purchase by providing them with a simple demonstration of the product or a brief explanation of the service. They can also help to establish trust by including quotes from customers who have already used the product and can vouch for its effectiveness. By acknowledging the audience’s pain points and presenting them with a relevant solution, explainer videos can effectively address the customer’s needs. Furthermore, they can make the benefits of the product or service crystal clear, and end with a call to action or instructions on what to do next, such as visiting the company’s website or making a purchase.
5. Increase click-through and conversion rates
Product explainer videos can increase click-through and conversion rates by engaging viewers with a clear call to action and providing them with detailed instructions on what to do next. Through the use of powerful video animation options and a rich font library, marketers can create explainer videos that move viewers to action. Placing these videos on websites, email campaigns, sales meetings and other media channels can further increase the reach of these videos and help generate more clicks and conversions. Additionally, mentioning the video in the subject line of email campaigns has been shown to increase interest and engagement. By taking advantage of these strategies, marketers can get the most out of their explainer videos, ultimately leading to an increase in clicks and conversions.
6. Improve website traffic
Product explainer videos can be a great tool for companies to use to improve their website traffic. Animations can be shared with readers of a company’s blog, and when readers share these animations on social media, it increases awareness of the business. Additionally, when businesses are active on social media platforms, they can build relationships with their audience, which can lead to more website traffic. For example, Yumble Kids uses animations on Instagram, and Circle Surrogacy is seeing great engagement on their animations from their followers. Having product explainer videos as part of a company’s online marketing strategy is a great way to attract more customers, engage their audience, and ultimately, drive website traffic.
7. Increase brand awareness
Product explainer videos can be a powerful tool for increasing brand awareness. By creating interesting, funny, and concise videos that push the boundaries of what’s considered acceptable, companies can capture the attention of their target audience and encourage them to share the visuals on social media. This can help to spread awareness of the brand and its products to a larger audience. In addition, explainer videos can be embedded on websites and social media channels, which can lead to higher search rankings and an increase in time spent engaging with the content. Finally, explainer videos can be used to supplement branding strategies, elevate pitch decks, and improve email marketing efforts, helping to further increase brand awareness.
8. Add entertainment value to a website
Product explainer videos can add entertainment value to a website by using interesting and quirky visuals that capture the attention of the audience. Animations should explain the benefits of the product or service, and should show the product or service in action if possible. Doing so removes buyer uncertainty and helps to convince the viewer to make a purchase. Furthermore, these videos can be shared on social media channels to increase awareness of the business and build relationships with potential customers.
9. Improve customer loyalty
Product explainer videos can be an effective tool to improve customer loyalty by allowing businesses to demonstrate their products and services in action and tell compelling stories. By showing potential customers what they’ll get for their money, companies can remove buyer uncertainty and increase their trust in the product. Additionally, by showcasing customer examples, businesses can create an inviting atmosphere and appeal to the better parts of the human condition. This can create a lasting impression and encourage customers to remain loyal to their brand.
10. Increase website traffic
Product explainer videos can be an effective way to increase website traffic by engaging your audience. By publishing animations on an active blog, readers are more likely to share these videos with their followers on social media channels. This increased awareness could help draw attention to your business, resulting in more visits to your website. Additionally, viewers who watch the explainer videos may be inclined to visit your website to find out more about your product or service. Therefore, product explainer videos can be a great way to attract more customers to your website and grow your business.
How to create a product explainer video?
Step 1: Decide what product you are selling
Step 1: Explain your product or service to an actual person. This will give you an outline for the video and help you identify steps to include in the video.
Step 2: Design a frame to signal the start of a new chapter in the video. This will help viewers understand the structure of the video and keep their attention.
Step 3: Explain the benefits of your product or service to viewers. Let them know what they stand to gain by choosing your product or service.
Step 4: Pose the problem that your product solves, introduce the product as the solution and explain why it’s special. Include customer quotes to prove that the product works.
Step 5: Show your product or service in action during the explainer video. This will help potential customers better understand what they can get for their money.
Step 6: Make sure to include a clear call-to-action at the end of the video. This will help encourage people to take the action you want them to take.
Step 2: Find animation studios to create your video
Creating an explainer video can be a daunting task. There are many different aspects to consider and the process can be complex. But, with the right guidance and expertise, you can create a stellar explainer video that will help you meet your goals. The key is to find the right animation studio to help you bring your vision to life. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you do just that:
Step 1: Research animation studios.
Start by researching animation studios online. Read reviews, browse portfolios, and compare the services offered. Make a list of potential animation studios you might want to work with.
Step 2: Reach out to the studios.
Once you have a shortlist of animation studios, reach out to each one. Ask any questions you have about the services they offer, their rates, and the timeframe for completion.
Step 3: Get quotes.
Ask for an estimate for the cost of creating your explainer video. Make sure to compare the quotes to get the best deal.
Step 4: Ask for samples.
Before committing to an animation studio, ask to see samples of their work. This will help you decide if they are the right fit for your project.
Step 5: Sign the contract.
Once you have chosen an animation studio, read through the contract thoroughly before signing. Make sure you understand the details and that you are satisfied with the services they will provide.
Step 6: Get to work.
Now that you have chosen an animation studio, it’s time to get to work. Work together to create the perfect explainer video for your business.
Step 3: Create a brief for the video
Creating an explainer video requires careful planning and a well-crafted script. To create an effective explainer video, you need to start by writing a brief. A good brief allows you to clearly communicate your goals, objectives, and expectations of the explainer video. Here’s a step-by-step guide to create a brief for your explainer video:
Step 1: Know Your Audience – Start by researching and understanding your audience. This will help you create an outline and decide what stories you want to tell.
Step 2: Create an Outline – Use the research you’ve conducted to create an outline of the main points you want to cover. This will help you decide where to focus your story, and also provide a structure for your script.
Step 3: Write the Script – Once you have your outline in place, write the script. Make sure to pack the most important stories or messages in the first 30 seconds, and ensure the first message or illustration captures your audience’s attention.
Step 4: Choose a Template – Once you’re happy with the script, you can choose a template for your explainer video. This will help you decide on the visuals and design elements you want to include.
Step 5: Customize Your Video – This is the fun part! Using the drag-and-drop tools, customize elements like colors or crop videos and images to zoom in to the subject. Don’t forget to include text and captions to make your information more memorable.
Step 6: Add Music, Voiceovers, and Animations – To make your explainer video more engaging, add music, voiceovers, and animations.
Step 7: Download and Share – Download your explainer video as an MP4 file and run it past friends or colleagues first to get their feedback. When it’s good to go, simply upload it to your website, video platform, or social media accounts.
Step 4: Identify the audiences who will be interested in your product
Step 1: Understand Your Audience: To create an effective explainer video, you need to understand who you are targeting and what their needs are. Start by researching your target market and creating buyer personas. Identify their biggest concerns, needs and desires.
Step 2: Create an Outline: Explain your product or service to an actual person to develop an outline for your explainer video. Use steps or chapters to organize your video.
Step 3: Connect With Your Audience: Keep your audience in mind when creating your explainer video. Your goal is to tell people what they’ll gain from choosing your product or service. Make sure to include the benefits and show how they will benefit from choosing your product.
Step 4: Structure the Video: Structure your video by introducing the problem, presenting a solution, demonstrating how it works, providing a clear value proposition, and ending with a call to action.
Step 5: Show It in Action: For complicated, technical products or services, it can be useful to show them in action. This will give viewers an idea of what they can expect to get when using your product.
Step 6: Capture Attention: Make sure to capture the viewers attention during the first few seconds of your video by asking a relevant question that you can quickly answer.
Step 5: Create visuals and copy messages that highlight the benefits of your produc
Creating visuals and copy messages that highlight the benefits of your product is an essential part of creating a successful explainer video. Here are the steps you should follow to ensure your video engages your audience and drives conversions:
- Understand Your Audience: Before creating your visuals and copy messages, you need to fully understand your target audience. This will help you create content that resonates with them and compels them to learn more about your product.
- Pose the Problem: Start your explainer video by posing the problem your product solves. This will help viewers understand why they need your product and why it’s the best solution available.
- Introduce Your Product: Introduce your product as the solution to the problem you just posed. Explain what it does and why it’s special.
- Add Customer Quotes: Include customer quotes and reviews to prove that your product works. This will give viewers the confidence to choose your product over any competitors.
- Call-to-Action: End your explainer video with a strong call-to-action. This will tell viewers what they can do next and encourage them to take action.
- Show Product in Action: If possible, show your product in action during the video. This will give viewers a better understanding of how it works and help them see the value it can provide.
By following these steps, you can create visuals and copy messages that highlight the benefits of your product and convince viewers to take action.
Step 6: Make the video easy to consume
How can you make the video easier to consume? [Step-by-step instructions]
- Tell viewers the benefits: Make sure to address what people will gain from choosing your product or service right away.
- Keep it short: Web users have short attention spans, so make sure your explainer video is precise and to the point.
- Use interesting visuals: Use interesting, quirky visuals to keep your audience engaged.
- Know your audience: Tailor your tone to fit the demographic of your explainer video.
- Start strong: Ask a relevant question to grab the viewer’s attention and answer it quickly.
- Include a call-to-action: End your explainer videos with a clear call to action or instructions on what to do next.
Step 7: Promote your video
How can you promote a product explainer video? [Step-by-step instructions]
Explainer videos are a great way to educate consumers about your product and get them interested in what you have to offer. However, simply creating a product explainer video isn’t enough. You also have to make sure it reaches the right people. Here are seven steps you can take to promote your product explainer video:
- Use your homepage: Feature your explainer video prominently on the home page of your website. This will help to quickly inform new visitors.
- Utilize email campaigns: Mention your explainer video in the subject line of your email marketing campaigns. Doing so may increase click-through rates.
- Show it in sales meetings: Start sales meetings with your explainer video to unify sales messaging and save your sales team time and effort.
- Feature it on landing pages: Include your explainer video on landing pages to quickly capture viewers’ attention and increase conversions.
- Retarget with ads: Show your explainer video to people who have visited your website but didn’t take action with retargeting ads.
- Mention it in sales outreach: Reference your explainer video in sales emails, including the subject line.
- Share it on social media: Promote your explainer video on social media channels to increase engagement. For platforms that allow it, consider pinning it to the top of your profile.
By following these seven steps, you can ensure that your explainer video reaches the right people and helps generate more sales.
Best practices for using product explainer videos
1. Include a visual representation of the product
Including a visual representation of the product in a product explainer video can improve its effectiveness by providing leads with an idea of what the product looks like in use. This helps to remove buyer uncertainty from viewers by showing them exactly what they’ll get for their money, and it can be especially useful for complicated and technical services. By demonstrating the features of the product, the explainer video can give viewers an understanding of how it works and illustrate the value proposition. This can be especially useful for online platforms and software that change quickly, as it allows viewers to visualise an idea without needing to update the video frequently. Furthermore, a visual representation of the product can also help to create an engaging video by using interesting and quirky visuals, which can capture the attention of the audience and make the explainer video more memorable.
2. Explain the benefits of the product
Creating an explainer video to explain the benefits of a product can be an effective way to reach potential customers. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Begin your explainer video by telling viewers what they’ll gain from choosing your product or service. Focus on the benefits and let them know that they have nothing to lose.
- Use dynamic motion graphics with excellent sound and music design to keep your audience hooked. Try to make complex ideas or products easy to understand.
- Show the product or service in action to help push potential customers towards purchase.
- Highlight the revolutionary nature of the service if your offering is unique. Explain step-by-step how it works, so that people can familiarize themselves with it.
- Play up to the novelty of the product or service. Show what a customer will get for their money and how it solves particular problems.
- Make sure to keep viewers’ attention by demonstrating how it fits into a relatable scenario without being overly promotional.
By following these steps, you can create an explainer video that effectively explains the benefits of your product and attracts more customers.
3. Give an overview of how the product works
An explainer video is an effective way to give an overview of how a product works. To create an effective explainer video, start by identifying the problem that your product or service solves. Then, provide a relevant solution, and demonstrate how it works with a simple and easy-to-understand demonstration of your product or service. After that, explain the value proposition of your product or service, and make sure to include a clear call to action. You can use animations and great sound and music design to make your video visually appealing. If your product is complex and technical, it may be helpful to show it in action and demonstrate how it works in real-world situations. Finally, explain the unique features of your product or service and how it can help customers solve their problems.
4. Give a behind-the-scenes look at how the product is made
Product explainer videos can give viewers a behind-the-scenes look at how a product is made by showing them the product in action and demonstrating exactly how it works. For example, the explainer video from Samsung uses simple panning and zooming, informative text on screen, and an upbeat soundtrack to highlight all of the features of their product. This helps familiarise viewers with the product and how it can be used. By putting the product front and center and showing it in real-world scenarios, potential customers can gain a better understanding of the product and have their uncertainties removed.
5. Showcase satisfied customers
By showcasing satisfied customers in product explainer videos, businesses can help demonstrate the effectiveness of their product or service and help to remove any buyer uncertainty. Showing the product or service in action can be a great way to show potential customers exactly what they can expect to get in return for their money. Moreover, having actors that represent your target audience in the video can help customers to visualise themselves using the product or service. Finally, using pain points in your video content can be an effective way to explain why your product or service is the optimal solution for their problems. Social media can be a great platform for businesses to share their explainer videos in order to increase awareness and help to build relationships with their prospects.
6. Use humour if appropriate
Explainer videos are a great way to showcase a product or service to potential customers, but how can humour be used effectively to make an impact? To answer this question, it is helpful to look at the examples of successful explainer videos that have used humour to engage their audience. For example, Dissolve created a video that made fun of the tendency of marketers to use clichéd footage in campaigns, and their creative use of humour resonated with their audience of creatives in advertising and marketing, causing the video to go viral. Similarly, Notarize used humour and authenticity to explain a potentially boring concept in a way that built goodwill with their audience.
These examples show that humour can work wonders for marketing and that it is important for brands to strike the right tone with their message in order to appeal to a broader audience. Humour should add value to the message being conveyed and not just be used as a gimmick. Utilizing interesting, quirky visuals and incorporating elements of surprise can also help to keep an audience engaged. Additionally, it can be beneficial to push the boundaries with the message, but this should be done carefully with an understanding of the target audience. Dollar Shave Club is a great example of how humour can be used to great success and they were even bought by Unilever for $1 billion!
Ultimately, humour can be very effective in explainer videos when used in the right way. By incorporating humour and taking advantage of visuals, colour, motion and pacing, brands can create videos that are both entertaining and informative.
7. Keep the video short and to the point
Product explainer videos should be concise and to the point, focusing on the benefits of the product or service. The ideal length of a product explainer video will depend on the platform it is being posted on, but a general rule of thumb is to keep it short and sweet. For example, Instagram and Twitter videos should be no longer than 30 seconds, while Facebook organic and YouTube videos should be no longer than 3 minutes and 2 minutes respectively. Additionally, the homepage video should be no longer than 90 seconds.
The best explainer videos will utilize visuals, colour, motion and pacing to explain the product or service in an interesting and engaging way. Make sure to use visuals that are quirky and will capture the viewer’s attention. It is also important to start off the video by posing a relevant question to the viewer, and quickly answering it to ensure they stay engaged. At the end of the day, the goal of the explainer video should be to show the viewer what they will gain from choosing the product or service.
8. Use a voice-over to narrate the video
9. Incorporate graphics, animations, and videos
Using graphics, animations, and videos can help with product explainer videos by engaging the audience and helping to boost overall marketing campaigns. By using animation to represent features in a pared back way, companies can add longevity to their videos. Animations, combined with sound and music design, can demonstrate how a product fits into a relatable scenario to compel and inspire viewers to think, feel, and then act. Furthermore, by publishing animations on a blog, viewers can share them on social media channels to increase awareness for the business.
10. Make sure the video is relevant to your audience
Step 1: Understand your Audience: Before creating an explainer video, it is important to understand your target audience. Research the demographics of your target audience and tailor the tone, content, and visuals of the video to make it the most relevant to them.
Step 2: Address the Benefits: Make sure your explainer video addresses the benefits of your product or service to your potential customers. Your video should let viewers know what they have to gain from choosing your product or service.
Step 3: Be Concise: Keep in mind that web users have short attention spans. Make sure your explainer video is precise, to the point, and most importantly, short. Avoid rambling, and focus on a single topic.
Step 4: Use Interesting Visuals: To capture the viewer’s attention and keep their interest, use interesting, quirky visuals. You can also use visuals to better explain your product or service.
Step 5: Push the Boundaries: When appropriate, try to push the boundaries and think of unique ways to get your point across. This will help make your explainer video stand out and be more memorable.
Step 6: Resonate with your Audience: Make sure your explainer video resonates with your audience. Your video should be just one part of your whole video content marketing strategy, the initial draw to show your audience exactly why they need your product or service, and compel them to move further down the funnel.
What is an explainer video?
An explainer video is a short-form video that is used to explain a product, service, concept, or process in an engaging and easy-to-understand way. These videos are typically placed on high-traffic website landing pages or as a featured video on YouTube and social media, and can last between 30 seconds and two minutes. Explainer videos can also be used for internal comms and to promote a company’s products or services, as well as to pitch ideas. Explainer videos are an effective way to break big ideas into bite-size pieces, explain complex processes simply, and help audiences retain complex information. With the help of tools like Biteable, creating a professional-looking explainer video is so easy that people won’t believe you did it yourself.
What are the benefits of using an explainer video?
The benefits of using an explainer video are numerous. Explainer videos are able to keep viewers hooked and simplify complex ideas into easily digestible visuals. They can also increase conversions, boost SEO search rankings with video content, and help keep viewers on your page for 2X longer. Explainer videos can also be used to promote your company’s products or services, as well as for pitching ideas. Furthermore, explainer videos can help bring out innovative ideas, demonstrate how a product fits into a relatable scenario without being overly promotional, help customers make faster decisions, and establish credibility for a company. Additionally, explainer videos can be repurposed for various needs, including investor pitches and email signatures.
What are some examples of explainer videos?
Explainer videos are a great way to communicate complex ideas to an audience quickly and effectively. There are many types of explainer videos out there, from motion graphics and live-action videos to animated GIFs and more. Here are some of the top explainer video examples that showcase the versatility of the medium.
- “Why Mozilla” by Mozilla: This explainer video tells the story of Mozilla’s mission to build a better internet and how they work to make it happen.
- “Wizzki Making Hiring Simple” by MyPromoVideos: This explainer video from MyPromoVideos shows how Wizzki’s product makes the hiring process simpler and easier.
- “NextGlass” by breadnbeyond: This explainer video explains how NextGlass helps beer and wine lovers find the perfect drink for them.
- “Super Sync Sports” by No Mint: This explainer video from No Mint shows how Super Sync Sports can help you stay fit by connecting you to friends and tracking your progress.
- “Instagram Direct” by Delve: This explainer video explains how Instagram Direct lets users send content directly to others in a private, secure manner.
- “Unwanted Tracking Is Not Cool” by BLACKMATH: This explainer video explains the dangers of unwanted tracking and how BLACKMATH helps protect users from it.
- “British Gas” by CHI & Partners: This explainer video from CHI & Partners explains the benefits of switching to British Gas for energy.
- “Our Blades Are F***ing Great” by DollarShaveClub.com: This edgy explainer video from DollarShaveClub.com explains why their blades are so great and why they make a great choice for their target audience of 20-30 year old men.
- “Stampsy Launch Video” by Twistedpoly // Nejc Polovsak: This explainer video explains the value of the Stampsy product and how it can help users create beautiful, interactive websites and blogs.
- “Don’t Be A Pitch” by Vireo Films: This explainer video from Vireo Films explains how their service helps businesses avoid the dreaded “pitch”.
- “Dumb Ways To Die” by Passion Paris: This animated explainer video from Passion Paris explains the dangers of dangerous activities with a humorous twist.
- “Shark Wrap” by Video Brewery: This explainer video from Video Brewery explains the value of their product, a “shark wrap” that helps protect your phone from water damage.
These are just a few of the many explainer video examples out there. With the right video, you can create an engaging and effective explainer that helps your audience understand your message and get them interested in your product or service.
What types of animation styles can be used in an explainer video?
What types of animation styles can be used in an explainer video? [Expanded classification] Animations styles that could be used in an explainer video include Infographic, Chalkboard, Product Simulation, Character-Driven, Motion Graphic, Live Action, and Crowdfunding Explainer Videos. Infographic explainer videos use charts, graphs, and iconography to demonstrate the features of a business. Chalkboard explainer videos feature writing on a chalkboard or whiteboard, and are popular for their ease of creation. Product Simulation explainer videos feature screencast footage of a product in action. Character-Driven explainer videos use cartoon figures to explain a product or service, while Motion Graphic explainer videos use 3D animation to capture imagination. Live Action explainer videos require creativity and feature a spokesperson explaining a product or service. Finally, Crowdfunding explainer videos combine animated and live action elements to explain a business and raise funds.
How do you create an effective explainer video script?
Creating an effective explainer video script requires research, planning, and creativity. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Research: Before you even begin writing, you should research the target customer’s concerns and pain points to focus on in the video. Consider surveying your audience to get more insight.
- Outline: Once you have the research, create a script outline that includes a quick overview of your product, an introduction to the problem, an explanation of your solution, a call to action, and trust signals.
- Keep it short: Aim for a script of 90 seconds or less and include the key message and value proposition in the first 30 seconds.
- Speak in 2nd person: Use words like “you” and “your” to create a casual, conversational tone.
- Add humor: Subtle humor can be a great way to make the video more enjoyable.
- Choose a template: Use a free template from Canva to create the explainer video.
- Customize: Use Canva’s free stock videos, images, and graphics to make the video unique. Add text and captions to make the information more memorable.
- Add music and voiceovers: Canva’s free music library can add life to the video. You can also add your own voiceover recordings.
- Download and share: Once you’re happy with the video, download it as an MP4. Then share it with your target audience!
What is the best voiceover for an explainer video?
When it comes to finding the best voiceover for an explainer video, there are a few different options to consider. Voices.com is one of the most popular choices, as it has a large network of professional voice actors on its website. Craigslist is also an option, although not ideal as the quality of the voiceover may not be very good. Fiverr is another option that provides a more affordable option, but quality may be an issue. Lastly, hiring a professional voiceover artist is the best choice for getting the highest quality voiceover for an explainer video.
What type of video format should you use for an explainer video?
When it comes to creating an explainer video, there is no one-size-fits-all format. Depending on the nature of your product or service, as well as your target audience and marketing goals, there are various types of explainer videos to choose from. Popular formats include animated explainer videos, live action explainer videos, product simulation videos, character-driven videos, motion graphics, and crowdfunding explainer videos. Animated explainer videos are the most popular option due to their visual nature and relative ease to create. Live action explainer videos require more creativity and tend to focus on the mission and purpose of the company. Product simulation videos provide a high-level overview of software or digital platforms. Character-driven videos use cartoon figures to tell the story of your product or service and how it can solve customer problems. Motion graphics use 3D-animation to tell your product or company’s story. And crowdfunding explainer videos often combine both live action and animation to explain how the funds will be used. Each type of explainer video has its own benefits, so it’s important to assess your needs and goals to decide which format works best for you.
What are some tips for creating a successful explainer video?
Creating a successful explainer video requires following steps that focus on the key elements and best practices for the project.
- Understand your audience, and tailor the video to their needs.
- Pose a relevant question in the first few seconds to capture the viewer’s attention.
- Write a script that emphasizes the pain point and keeps it simple.
- Incorporate humour and show your product or service in action.
- Make it visually interesting, and ensure it resonates with the audience.
- Keep the video short and to-the-point – 90 seconds or less is ideal.
- Make sure your key message and value proposition appear within the first 30 seconds.
- Add quotes from customers to prove that your product works.
- End the video with a clear call-to-action.
These steps will help you create an effective explainer video that will capture the attention of viewers and compel them to take action.
How can explainer videos help to increase website conversions?
Explainer videos can help to increase website conversions by engaging viewers and keeping them interested. The short and concise format of explainer videos makes complex ideas and products easy to understand. Additionally, explainer videos can be engaging and sharable, increasing the potential for increased engagement and reach. Furthermore, explainer videos have a high ROI, as they can be used across a wide variety of marketing needs, from pitch meetings to email signatures. All of these factors ensure a greater likelihood of conversion.
How long should an explainer video be?
An explainer video should typically be between 30-90 seconds in length, translating to a written script of around 200 words or less. The length of the video depends on the platform it’s posted on, with Instagram and Twitter requiring videos to be 30 seconds or less and Facebook organic and ads requiring videos under 30 seconds. YouTube and homepage videos should be 2+ minutes and 90 seconds or less, respectively. An effective explainer video should be short and to the point, include a strong call to action (CTA), be focused on solving a problem, match the brand and audience, and be of high quality. To create an effective explainer video, brands need to understand the audience’s problem, how their service or product will fix it, and why the audience should choose them.